This is a little more about me. I am not at all famous, which you might have guessed by this picture. I couldn’t find a single recent picture of me, so I had to crop my friends out of this one. Which just seemed so unmastered that I decided to keep it. You might wonder why I have a blog and a website at all. Many, many years ago, God put it on my heart that He wanted me to write and speak, and He backed that up with prophetic visions (both my own and from others). I am not sure why people would want to hear what I have to say, and maybe they won’t, but I know they will want to hear what He has to say through me. He showed me that. And at the end of the day, regardless of the size of my “platform” if I can reach any one person who He wants reached, then it will be worth it. He are some things you might want to know about me:
- I am the Daughter of The King of Kings, God, who has pursued me lovingly but fiercely since I was a teenager (and maybe even before). Who surprisingly wants me to be in His Kingdom. I can think of so many better choices if I was the one creating a kingdom, but He chose me. And I choose Him.
- I am the Sister to Our Lord and Savior, Jesus. I like to think of Him as my Lord and my Big Brother. My protector, the one who lovingly watches over me. The One who wants to spend time with me. We laugh together too (more about that later).
- I am the Wife to Jason for 24 years. Like all marriages we’ve had highs and lows. Maybe more like cliffs and valleys. With a desert. There maybe should be a desert in there for that really rough patch. But we stuck it out, and today there are a lot of days that it feels like a vacation with sand on my toes and wind in my hair. Mostly.
- I am the Mother of Five Amazing Kids (Zoe, Trevor, Nina, Ava, and Lola) Every mom thinks her kids are the most amazing, the best. Sorry other moms, but mine really are. They are the all so talented I want to burst. And they make me laugh daily. They’ll make you laugh too. Just wait until you hear about them.
- I am a Former Teacher (Public Elementary School and Sunday School)
- I am a Friend to some crazy Jesus loving girls, some of which I’ve known for over 30 years. We laugh together, cry together, share our lives. We run together. And we do life together.
- I am a Runner (I mean I’ve never won any races, and I actually dislike running a lot, BUT I do run, so I can call myself a runner) which means I try to put my feet on the pavement at least 2-3 days a week and do 2-3 races a year just to stay motivated.
- Words of Affirmation is my Love Language, which means that while I will always appreciate gifts that come wrapped in boxes with a bow on top, you could have just saved the money and said something nice to me. That is what makes my heart swell. It also means that words can hurt me more than anything else. Take a swing at me with your hands, give it your best shot, I’ll shoot my arms up to protect my face, but take a swing at me with your words and you will crush my entire soul.
- I’m a 9 on the Enneagram which means I’m a Peacemaker, followed closely by a tie for 6 the Loyalist, and 2 the Helper this means I will avoid conflict at all costs, I will always believe everything will be okay, and I will take care of you no matter what.
- And now I’m also a writer, well maybe I’ve always been. I love words. Love to write, love to listen, love to read. Love the history of words, especially from the Bible. I love to hear about their origin, and what the best English interpretation is of the original language. I’ve felt for many years that God was calling me to write, even had a friend prophesied about words just pouring out of me, but I wasn’t sure I was up to the challenge. Wasn’t sure I was good enough to write something that could be used for the Kingdom of God. And I’m probably not, but He is. And I decided that with His help, it was time to do this!!
Thanks for being here. I hope you’ll come back.